- Range of Conductivity Probe
- 0 to 2000 µS/cm (0 to 1000 mg/L TDS)
- Total System Accuracy using Factory Calibration
- ±3% of full-scale reading
- Accuracy using custom calibration
- ±1% of full-scale reading
- Response time
- 90% of full-scale reading in 5 seconds
- 100% of full-scale in 20 seconds
- Temperature compensation
- Typical Impedance Error with Temperature (30ppm/°C)
- Cell constant
- 1.03 cm-1
- ABS body, parallel titanium stainless steel electrodes
- 12 mm OD and 140 mm length
The Mantis Conductivity Probe can be used to measure conductivity in many of your science projects. The probe is very robust but a few situations should be avoided with the conductivity probe:
- NEVER submerge the plastic sensor end (the corded end) in any liquid as it is not waterproof
- NEVER exceed the 0 – 75⁰ C maximum temperature or you may permanently damage the probe
Some things you should do:
- ALWAYS wash the conductivity probe with distilled water and dry the sensor after ever use
- ALWAYS keep the plastic end of the sensor dry
- ALWAYS follow the storage recommendations for the conductivity sensor and store in a dry place
The Conductivity Probe is ideal for experiments in the chemistry lab, biology lab or physics lab. The probe is also ideal in gathering data outside of a lab situation!
- Measuring Total Dissolved Solids in a lake or river or a lab sample
- Measuring rates of chemical reactions in which dissolved ions and solution conductivity changes with time
- Measuring total concentration of ions in a solution
- Measuring the difference between ionic and molecular components in a liquid solution
- Material Property Analysis
- Electrochemical Analysis
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis
To connect the Conductivity probe to the Mantis Unit, you will need the Mantis Unit powered ON and the Conductivity probe. Make sure no other sensors are plugged into the blue colored port on the Mantis Unit.
Step 1 – Locate the blue colored port for the Mantis Unit.
Step 2 – Locate the alignment arrow on the Conductivity probe connection end.
Step 3 – Gently connect the Conductivity sensor to the blue colored port on the Mantis Unit with the alignment arrow aligned correctly with the sensor port. Make sure the pins and index arrow are correctly aligned, as damage may occur if the connectors are not aligned properly.
Step 4 – Firmly connect the Conductivity sensor to the blue colored port on the Mantis Unit when the alignment has been achieved. The Conductivity sensor is now ready to be used to collect your data!
How to download the Mantis App for the iPad
You can download the Mantis App by clicking below –
Or you can paste the link below into your web browser-
You will be presented with the apple iTunes store, with the Mantis platform App ready to download! Click the download button to start your download. Follow the on screen directions in order to download the app.
Once you have downloaded the Mantis App, there are several FAQ’s on how to create an account and maximize your user experience with the Mantis Platform! Have fun with the exciting Mantis platform!