The Mantis Turbidity Probe technical specifications are:
- Range – 0 to 750 NTU
- 16-bit self-calibrating (over temp) AFE
- 10-bit granularity of IR light source : 1 NTU
- ±2% NTU for readings under 50 NTU
- ±4% of readings above 50 NTU
- LED wavelength- 940 nm
- Standard- Formazin Standard 100 NTU Typical Use of Sensor
The Mantis Turbidity Sensor can be used to measure water quality in many of your science projects.
- NEVER shake the cuvette or the sensor, as it will introduce air bubbles into your sample
- NEVER submerge the sensor in any liquid as it is not waterproof
Some things you should do:
- ALWAYS rinse your cuvette with distilled water after a sample is measured, and dry it before storing the turbidity sensor or testing another sample
- ALWAYS dry the outside of the cuvette before placing inside the turbidity sensor
- ALWAYS try to handle just the lid of the cuvette when measuring samples
- ALWAYS gently invert the closed cuvette 2 to 3 times to agitate any particles that may have settled in your sample (do not shake, as the bubbles introduced into your sample will impact your results)
The Turbidity Probe is ideal for experiments in the chemistry lab, biology lab or physics lab. The probe is also ideal in gathering data outside of a lab situation!
- Measuring turbidity in a lake or river or a lab sample
To connect the Turbidity probe to the Mantis Unit, you will need the Mantis Unit powered ON, the Turbidity probe and the connector cable. Make sure no other sensors are plugged into the red colored port on the Mantis Unit.
Step 1 – Locate the red colored port for the Mantis Unit.
Step 2 – Locate the Turbidity connection port.
Step 3 – Locate the alignment arrow on the Turbidity probe connection end. Both ends of this connector cable are identical and either end can be used to connect to the Turbidity probe.
Step 4 – Gently connect the Turbidity sensor cable to the Turbidity Sensor with the alignment arrow aligned correctly with the sensor port. Make sure the pins and index arrow are correctly aligned, as damage may occur if the connectors are not aligned properly. Firmly connect the Turbidity sensor cable to the Turbidity sensor when the alignment has been achieved.
Step 5 – Gently connect the second Turbidity sensor cable end to the red colored port on the Mantis Unit with the alignment arrow aligned correctly with the sensor port. Make sure the pins and index arrow are correctly aligned, as damage may occur if the connectors are not aligned properly.
Step 6 – Firmly connect the Turbidity sensor cable to the red colored port on the Mantis Unit when the alignment has been achieved. The Turbidity sensor is now ready to be used to collect your data!
How to download the Mantis App for the iPad
You can download the Mantis App by clicking below –
Or you can paste the link below into your web browser-
You will be presented with the apple iTunes store, with the Mantis platform App ready to download! Click the download button to start your download. Follow the on screen directions in order to download the app.
Once you have downloaded the Mantis App, there are several FAQ’s on how to create an account and maximize your user experience with the Mantis Platform! Have fun with the exciting Mantis platform!